I make a lot of lists. I make lists to tell me where my lists are.
- To-do lists
- Password lists
- Grocery lists
- Things I want to buy other than groceries
The list goes on and on. (See what I did there?)
This list is an update of my list so far. I do this about once a year and then re-read it later. Here goes:
- I am now fully retired and not working for the man any longer. Just me and my retirement, plus income from 2 room-mates.
- There is no way I am going to sell my house and move to parts-unknown because I could make a profit. It would not be enough for me to live out the rest of my life, so I will stay in my humble home and get my mortgage paid down and then live here for just the cost of insurance and taxes.
- I sold my car and have found that to be liberating in the extreme. I am without a car payment, car insurance payments, maintenance costs. I can have my groceries delivers and Amazon is my favorite place to shop. If I have to leave my house, I have options: Friends or Uber.
- My brother who lived with me for the better part of 12 years died 2 years ago, just after the COVID-19 lockdown. But, I have two roommates now and we three get on famously. They are 2 ladies who are near to my age and we share history and philosophy.
- I have a good friend who mows my grass and takes care of any household maintenance issue that crop up.
- I have fallen in love with K-Dramas and K-Pop music. Who knew that would happen at my age. But, realistically, the BTS boys– Bangtan Sonyeondan — can SING. They are also known as the Bangtan Boys or Bangtan Boyscouts.
- Before I make any list, THIS: